Today someone offered me some gingerbread. “Normal” Gingerbread with sugar. I said no, but was thinking of gingerbread whole day. As I wanted to bake some vanilla crescent cookies today, I didn’t have so much time to create a sugar free gingerbread recipe. For this reason I decided to make some gingerbread energy balls.
Energy Balls have the advantage that they are easy and fast and you can create any flavor. Together with my cinnamon energy balls, they constitute the perfect duo of christmas energy balls.
Ingredients for 15 gingerbread energy balls:
- 60 g pecans
- 60 g (medjool) dates (approx. 3)
- 1 tsp. white almond butter
- 10 ml water
- 2 tsp. gingerbread spice
Ingredients for the topping:
- 2 tsp. raw cocoa powder / backing cocoa powder
- Blend the pecans until they are finally ground.
- Pit the dates and puree them with the almond butter and the water.
- Add the puree and the gingerbread spice to the ground pecans and blend all ingredients until you get a smooth mixture.
- Form balls from the mass and roll them in the cocoa powder. Then move the balls back and forth between your fingers to remove excess powder.
- Store the gingerbread energy balls in the fridge and enjoy each ball!