Chocolate Cookies – doesn’t this sound great?!
Sometimes I miss cookies. I really love to drink a cup of coffee or tea at the weekend and enjoy a cookie. As I haven’t found sugar free cookies yet, I decided to create my own ones. The result are deliciously super chocolate cookies. They are more soft than crunchy, but really taste great. For the sweetness I used medjool dates. As there are only 1/4 dates in one cookie, they are a great alternative if you don’t eat refined sugar and try to reduce the sugar in your live.
Ingredients for 8 chocolate cookies:
- 50 g (medjool) dates (approx. 2)
- 25 g raw cocoa powder / backing cocoa powder
- 2 egg whites
- 20 g ground hazelnuts
- 5 g coconut oil
- 20 g (gluten-free) rolled oats*
- 10 g (gluten-free) steel cut oats*
- Preheat oven to 180° (356°F) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pit the dates and blend them with the cocoa powder, egg whites and ground hazelnuts until you get a smooth mixture. I normally use a hand blender for this.
- Melt the coconut oil and add it to the dough.
- Add the (gluten-free) oats*.
- Form little balls from the mass, put them on the baking sheet and press them to flat cookies.
- Bake the chocolate cookies for approx. 8-9 minutes and let them cool down.
- Store them in a cookie box
* Oats are gluten-free. As they are normally produced together with gluten products, make sure to buy marked gluten-free oats (if gluten free is necessary for you!). Otherwise the cookies are not gluten-free!