Actually, I wanted to create a bread spread. When I was still consuming sugar, I totally was in love with a coconut almond spread. Unfortunately this cream contains rice syrup powder as well as cane sugar and does not fit my nutritional style anymore. For this reason, I came up with the idea of mixing coconut butter with almond butter to create my own sweet spread. In my dreams this spread tastes exactly the same as the original. I myself always preach that sugar free food cannot be compared with sugar food but of course dreaming is allowed. In fact, it will never taste like the original. This does not mean that sugar free food tastes worse, but it tastes different – even better!
Indeed the mixed cream tasted good, but unfortunately it was too liquid. I put it in the fridge and after one night its consistency had changed, but unfortunately it was too tight now. I tried to get the cream out of the glass but only small pieces were broken. These pieces tasted so delicious, that I came up with the idea to make chocolates instead. Coconut almond chocolates are the result. They taste fantastic and remind me of white chocolate with coconut flavor. The great thing is that only 5 ingredients are required to make these delicious chocolates. By the way, they are also vegan and gluten-free.
Unfortunately, the coconut almond chocolates do not survive at room temperature and soften quickly. For this reason you should eat them directly from the fridge – in the summer a perfect taste!
I used a silicon mold for chocolates. Alternatively an ice cube shape tray or a mini muffin pan should also work, if you use a silicon one. Otherwise it is impossible to get the chocolates out of the pans.
Ingredients for 15 coconut almond chocolates:
- 60 g coconut butter
- 25 g coconut oil
- 40 g white almond butter
- 10 g ground tiger nuts
- 10 g chopped almonds / slivered almonds
- Mix coconut butter, coconut oil, white almond butter and ground tiger nuts in a bowl. If ingredients are too hard, place them in a warm water bath until they are liquid.
- Add the chopped or slivered almonds into the cream and mix everything.
- Fill the cream into the mold for chocolate or an alternative.
- Let the chocolate in the fridge for 2 -3 hours. Important: If the ingredients have been heated in the water bath before, allow the cream to get cool before you place the chocolates in the fridge.
- Once the cocolates are hard enough, they can be removed from the mold. Store them in the fridge.