As I was ill, I required an easy and healthy recipe with just a few ingredients. I decided to cook a warming soup. In my opinion a chicken soup is the best choice if you are ill. Unfortunately I was not able to cook a deliciously one yet and still searching for the perfect recipe. For this reason I decided on a seasonal soup: parsnip soup.
As parsnips have an intensive aroma, I decided to add some potatoes and flavored it with onions, garlic, salt and pepper.
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 350 g parsnips
- 350 g floury potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- Peel and dice the parsnips and the potatoes.
- Peel and chop the onion and the garlic clove.
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the onion and the garlic.
- Add parsnips, potatoes and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for approx. 20 minutes.
- Blend with a stick blender to a smooth soup. If parsnip soup is too thick, add up to 150 ml of heat water until desired consistency is achieved. Season with salt and pepper, decorate with parsley and serve hot.